The Game of Thrones series has ended. We all have our opinions on the latest episode, but with the closing of the series ushers in a new age for the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire fandom. Among them, the Game of Thrones Fanon Wiki.
We have had our fair share of editors over the years. I've been on this wiki since I was fifteen. Now that I'm nearing my twenties, it is time to transfer my power to someone else. I have had to lay off two Staff members for inactivity, and because the wiki has recently seen an influx of new users; it is imperative a new administrator is to be chosen.
As such, I declare for a the Kingsmoot
Starting today, elections will be held for a new Administrator. The elections will run until next Sunday, when a new Administrator will finally be chosen. The choosing process will proceed as follows; All wiki members are eligible to put forward a candidate for adminship, on one condition; you may NOT put yourself forward.
Once the candidates have been selected, the voting process will begin. Again, any user may vote on the candidates, but the candidates may NOT vote on themselves.
After the votes have been counted, the administrator will be revealed next sunday; which will be June 9th.
It is important to note, that being an Administrator carries with it a heavy responsibility. Administrators are not chosen lightly; you must be able to handle the responsibilities that are required of you.
Users are also allowed to cast a white vote. This means you abstain from the Kingsmoot, but your vote will still be taken in. During the selection process, your white vote will go to the user with the most votes.
The requirements for adminship are the following:
- They are a registered contributor, meaning they contribute under an appropriate username.
- They have actively contributed for at least four months to the wiki.
- They are at least 17 years old.
- They have demonstrated they are willing to take on additional responsibilities to make the community better.
- They have had at least some major article creations/contributions.
- They have dealings with other users on a regular basis in a fair and constructive manner.
- They have demonstrated an understanding of the community's methods of operation.
- Registered users' votes must have a 2/3rds supermajority for adminship to be accepted.
- Lords' votes must have a 2/3rds supermajority for adminship to be accepted. (Separated from user votes)
- Wardens' votes must be unanimous for adminship to be accepted.
- Additionally, the nominee may be asked a series of questions by users. While it is not required to answer them, it is strongly encouraged since it may affect how others decide and vote on the Kingsmoot.
Once you've been named a candidate, put the Template:StaffNominee template on your profile page. If for some reason, there are no candidates, the Kingsmoot will be called off.
Good luck. May the Father judge you fairly.